Jun 26, 2017

The 50s inspired dress

Dress / Rochie - HERE / AICI || Hat / Palarie - C&A || Bag / Geanta - Guess || 
Flats / Balerini - Zara

I like table cloths and I cannot lie :)) Just kidding of course, I don't really have anything to do with them but this gingham / plaid print reminds me of the vintage table cloths. And since it's Monday, we can start the day with a tiny joke, right? :D

Anyway, you probably know by now that gingham print is one of this season's hits and we can see it everywhere: for skirts, dresses, blouses, pants, even shoes and accessories, so basically everything. Moreover, this season is not just about the classical black & white gingham but the red, yellow and navy are also very beloved by the high-street fashion. Having said that, I also thought I could try something else, something that my wardrobe was lacking and I chose this super adorable DRESS in a navy gingham print, which is very similar to the style of dresses from the 1950s. I have to admit I was a bit sceptical at the beginning not because of the print or color, but because of the reviews I read which were saying that the fabric is slightly see-through. Well, the first thing I have to tell you about the dress is that the fabric is not transparent at all and I actually love it cause it feels like cotton and it is very comfortable.

I also like the vintage vibe of this DRESS and the super cute details it has: the cold shoulder, the scalloped frill, the adorable little buttons which can be worn in front or in the back (I chose the latter) and the fact that it comes with a waist belt. Moreover, this dress can be worn both during the day and during the night, it all depends on your accessorising. I styled it this time with some fuchsia details (since it is one of this summer's colors :D) and I love the contrast between the dress and the accessories and how well they emphasise each other.

I would always choose such a DRESS over a mini, body-con one simply because I think it is more classy and stylish, and even sexier if you will and it is the type of dress which makes me feel good while wearing it. :) What kind of dresses do you prefer wearing?

Have a lovely new week,
A.























6 comments:

  1. Das Kleid sieht ja super toll aus! Bei Zara ist gerade Sale und da muss ich unbedingt nach den Ballerinas schauen :-*

    viele liebe Grüße
    Melanie / www.goldzeitblog.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke dir liebe Melanie! Leider sind die Ballerinas nicht im Sale, aber die haben ein sehr guten Preis :) :*:*
      VLG

      Delete
  2. Such a nice look! Loving your dress and bag!
    Have a good day!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit! I love this sunnies.
    Have a nice week xx,

    www.cocosnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, one of my co-workers recently told me that my skirt looks like a tablecloth when I wore a gingham skirt :) But I love this pattern and your wonderful outfit of today is no exception!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for for passing by and for sharing your lovely thoughts with me! ღ

Popular Posts